So we all loved “Frozen” right?
Just to give you an idea of HOW successful “Frozen” has actually become, here are the stats:
- 19th highest-grossing film of all-time
- Golden Globe for Best Animated Film
- 2 Academy Awards [NOMINATED (But sure to win Best Animated Feature Category & Best Original Song this Sunday)],
- Largest 3-day and 5-day unadjusted Thanksgiving openings of all-time, $66.71 million and $93.01 million (which had been previously held by 1999’s Toy Story 2 with respective $57.39 million and $80.12 million
- Worldwide Gross: $980,905,905
- 2,706,163 Likes on Facebook (to date)
- A Broadway Show version is already in the works
I know, that’s pretty impressive, right?
“Frozen” now brings about a third renaissance for Walt Disney’s legendary film studio and I feel is the culmination of a revival driven by fierce competition and the purchase of Pixar.
And Elsa’s drag queen moves are fabulous!
To be frank, this film will go down as one of my all-time faves. The writing was superfluous, the cast was excellent, and the music was out of this world! Not to mention the story is unlike anything Disney has done before, and is clearly speaking volumes around the world.
But don’t take MY word for it, Jonathan Groff (yum), Josh Gad (ha) and Kristen Bell (awww) made a musical about the making of “Frozen”. Enjoy!
I have to admit—you make me laugh out loud about Elsa’ drag queen moves. Totally right!
I loooooove “Frozen,” and I guess other people did too—980 million dollars? That’s insane.
Thank you for the video!
You got it!
another great Disney film!!